Thursday, October 17, 2013

Countdown

Learners permit, college information appearing out of the blue, encouraged to take duel enrollment, ACT registration, narrowing college choices, but it didn't sink in until Andrea said, "I'm going to be seventeen in a little over two months".  Then it hit me like a ton of bricks' my baby will be leaving in less than two years.

What am I supposed to think?  I want her to get her license so we can be more mobile.  I'm looking forward to the road trip we have planned for next summer.  But these events will hasten her leaving.  How to enjoy this time looking forward while holding on? 

Have I taught her everything she needs to know?  What else do I need to teach her?  If she ends up going to the University of either Dakota she can't run home for a chat.  I don't text and she prefers not to talk on the phone. 

It would be nice if she decides to stay in state for college.  Then she can live at home or visit often.  Her first choice is University of South Dakota, she wants to play on their volleyball team.  Their out of state tuition is about the same as most states in state tuition.  Room and board is in line with most other schools.  If she wants to go, there's no reason to stop her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment