Tuesday, April 30, 2013

As I sit Here

Walking is extremely painful.  Saturday I stepped on a rusty nail as I was clearing debris.  The neighborhood kids came over and helped us dismantle our old, rickety, deck.  It took six teens two hours to take seventy-five percent of it apart.  The rim and floor joists are bolted so we need to borrow a hefty wrench or something so we can finish.

Now as I look at the pictures I'm wondering how sturdy the underlying structure is.  Of course it poured cats and dogs all day yesterday so the back yard is a mess.  Before we go further I'll have a look to determine if we should rebuild with sturdier construction or continue demolition.

I didn't notice when the nail went it my foot.  I was pulling on some boards and stepped back.  When I lifted my food another board came with it.  I didn't panic.  I did wonder if it would hurt when I pulled it 
 out.  It started to hurt once I got inside.  I went inside immediately in case you're wondering.  So I got to wondering about lock jaw.  What part of 2003 did I have that tetanus shot?  Do they say ten years but you actually have eleven?  I wonder if these antibiotics I'm taking for that abscessed tooth will help.  Boy my foot hurts.  Darn, all the first aid stuff is in the Apocalypse kit, yes we have such.  I can think and do at the same time so I'm sitting on the side of the tub rinsing my foot with warm water.  After I'm sure that all is clean that's getting clean I apply alcohol,

 which didn't sting, and neosporen.  Next came a band aid and one of those antibiotics washed down with diet Big K. Walking is excruciating, especially on hard surfaces.  It is better if I wear slippers or walk on carpet but walking on bare floors feels like there's a ball bearing under foot.  I would have stayed home from church Sunday but Andrea was giving a talk.  I wore my slippers and nobody said anything.  After church I watched you tube videos about photography.  I came away  
with lots of ideas.  One, I plan to start very soon.  That one is only show my best work.  I snapped these for an estimate for a junk removal estimate.  No matter how much I wanted you to see the demolition I should have touched them up.  I just set the camera to it's lowest quality, program, and shot.  I learned how to make a watermark too, and made some.  Now, Maybe, I'll put more photos on Facebook, Probably not,


facebook has too many photos already.  If The Beazler becomes popular I'll learn enough HTML so weird things won't happen like it did in this blog.  

So I set myself up at the computer this morning.  I call the health deparment to find out when they give immunizations.  I call MARTA to book the para transit van and I sit here.  I need to clean but I can't because of my foot.  I'm glad I still have photos and videos I can edit.

So tell me how long does it take before it doesn't hurt to walk?  I remind myself how older people used to say, "We stepped on rusty nails all the time and nothing happened.  We didn't have any tetanus shots."  Well I hope they're right.  I just need something to worry about until I get mine or the pain goes away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment