Thursday, September 25, 2014

Applying To USD

After our visit to the University of South Dakota Andrea decided that is where she wants to attend college.  She liked Vermillion because she likes small towns.  Despite being small the town was vibrant,and the people were friendly. 

We continued to peruse their website and learn more about South Dakota.  Google became my friend when it came to finding facts not readily findable on their website.  Google found the requirements for admissions for homeschooled students for me.  The only difference was I had to show papers proving homeschooling for each year I homeschooled.  Easy. 

I got all the ducks in a row and told Andrea to apply Early.  They start accepting applications after Junior year.  I wanted t have plenty of time to answer any questions the admissions office may have about her homeschool career.  Andrea mailed the application and we prepared to wait. 

A couple weeks ago Andrea ran downstairs yelling about getting accepted into USD.  I started babbling about not getting a letter.  Our neighbors who were visiting reminded me that everything is done electronically these days.  Andrea said the email stated a letter would be coming.  We all praised Andrea and Andrea and I jumped up an down. 

Tuesday we had an appointment to speak with Andrea's admissions counselor.  We were able to get all our current questions answered.  Everything still looks good and we are still excited.  I think the best pieces of new were she can register for classes over the phone and Freshman Orientation takes place once they move in.  No need to budget for an extra trip for orientation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment