Thursday, September 25, 2014

A Post with no Name

As you read this issue of The Beazler everything may seem backward.  I couldn't find a way to reorder the posts once I finished them and it felt strange to write them in reverse order.  Luckily you can read them in whatever order suits your fancy. 

I've been telling myself I need to write on the blog put I kept putting it off.  Today seemed like a good time because things have come together in a way.  I guess I can call this the USD issue, I think I will.  All the entries have something to do with the University of South Dakota. 

Blind as Eye Look Photography (that's me) took Andrea's senior pictures earlier this month.  We went to Stately Oakes Plantation the reported inspiration for Tara in Margaret Mitchell's Gone with the Wind.  We enjoyed turing the house and seeing the grounds. Here is a link to the Smugmug gallery. http://www.blindaseyelook.com/Portraits/Andreas-Senior-Pictures/  Those of us in the Atlanta area email blindaseyelook@live.com if you'd like portraits taken.

As soon as I knew Andrea had been accepted to USD I made a master list.  Things to do before she leaves, financing ideas, lists of what to take, what she already has, and the costs there of, both estimated and actual.  I know, I'm anal retentive, detail oriented, and probably OCD.  I remind you; I planned and executed our move from Arkansas to Georgia all by myself and had no, count them ZERO, snafu, or is it snafus? When August the something rolls around next year I will have done all I can to make it happen.  And if it happens I bet it will be smooth. 

Our candy bar sales started out slowly.  We got our candy the same time as the elementary schools around here got theirs.  I won't lie; I was perturbed.  I'll tell you why.  The last time I say a school selling candy bars you could buy directly from the kids was back when Holiday was in the sixth grade.  That would have been at least ten years ago.  Until this year the kids have been taking orders and delivering months later.  The good thing is we plan to sell until it gets too hot next Spring. 

It is so nice be be able to get up and go when we please.  Andrea's having her driver's license has been wonderful.  We don't go as much as I expected because of gas prices this summer but it has been nice. 

Hopefully I will stay on the once a month schedule for The Beazler.


No comments:

Post a Comment