Thursday, May 29, 2014

Beazle The Best

I woke up this morning with so much gratitude for Beazle, my mother.  She has done so much for us that we can never repay.  I also know I have fallen short in my accomplishments compared to her.  You can read about her drive and accomplishments on one of the stationary posts on this blog.

Beazle thrived before, during, and after the Civil Rights Movement and she has always had pride.  She was no stranger to hard work.  She didn't make excuses for why something couldn't be done; she just did it.  In retrospect, she made it too easy for us.  I have not and probably will never achieve half as much as she did.

"If I was just twenty years younger there's no telling what I would do," is something Mom said quite often when she was in her late seventies.  I thought of this when I got up this morning.  I am at that twenty years younger age range she was referring to.  I pledged to do a lot more with my life than I have been doing.

First I will stop bemoaning the fact that Getty dumped millions of stock photographs on the internet for free.  They didn't deluge the free market with footage so I should concentrate on that.  Photo opertunities are endless so get out there and shoot.  I can't control Getty or those who will snap up free photos.  I do know buyers will pay for the right image and I need to concentrate on producing varied, quality, photographs and footage.  Beazle didn't give me this gift of everyday photography to let stagnate.

I've adopted the phrase, "What would Beazle do?"  Beazle would be doing; doing something around the house or yard, not wasting time all day.  I'm going to get this house in order, the yard too.  I hate yard work so I need to suck it up until I can earn enough through photos and footage to hire someone to do it.

Now is the time to work on becoming a well-known legally blind photographer.  I don't want to look back when I'm in my late seventies and say, "If I were twenty years younger." 

No comments:

Post a Comment