Thursday, February 20, 2014

Bad Dreams

I guess we all have bad dreams occasionally.  Mine take one of three themes; naked in a public place, difficulty moving forward, or I hope this is a dream.  I had the last type last night.  That is what gave me the idea for this post.

Last night I drempt we moved from my home in the suburbs to the projects.  The building was delapidated and the unit was small.  Like in all dreams where I hope it's a dream I asked myself how I got there.  Even though there is no clear answer it feels real.  As usual I hope it's a dream but can't see how it could be.  I am always relieved to wake up and find it had indeed been a dream. 

In some dreams I'm going along just fine until I can't easily go forward.  I may be crossing a street or something is chasing me.  All of a sudden movement slows to a snails pace.  I can crawl or scoot or even move backward if I first turn around in a circle.  The dream resolve itself somehow but I don't wake up.

The naked dream is the most embarrassing.  At the beginning I am inappropriately dressed out in public. I'll be wearing something like a towel or just my bra and under pants.  I tell myself to got to a store and buy a cheap outfit.  When I get near a store I discover I'm naked and the store has moved.

Thank goodness I've never had a dream where I'm naked, can't move very fast, and wonder how I got there wondering if it's just a dream.  That would be a nightmare.  

No comments:

Post a Comment