Saturday, December 21, 2013

Potpourri

It saddens me every time I think of this.  I haven't brought it up to Holiday because I don't know if she even remembers.  But I think it's time I acknowledged it.

I have a vague memory of getting potpourri for Christmas one year.  I don't remember opening it but I do remember searching for it when I put my gifts away.  I didn't find it at that time.  I found it much later; months or years later.

I said something about finding a bag of potpourri I didn't know I had.  Holiday told me she had given it to me for Christmas.  She said I didn't show much interest in it at the time.  She said I opened it and put it aside. 

What was goiing on with me?  Holiday was still a young girl when I found it.  I would have thanked her for the gift and ooed and aahhed over it.  This was really nice potpourri.  I remember it had dried, sliced oranges, whole leaves of various types, and other quality items, it even had some fragrance left.  It had come from Dillards which is a big deal for us.  Do this day I don't know how I treated such a gift so lightly.  I am truly sorry for that.

I immediately poured the potpourri into a bowl and arranged it so those beautiful slices of orange could be seen.  


No comments:

Post a Comment