Thursday, June 20, 2013

Nothing To Prove

Let me say first and foremost, Beazle would never do this.  That's Beazle, this is me.  I did it and plan to keep on doing, or not doing it.  Today I unashamably let others do yard work while I stayed inside.  For Shame.

When the kids tore down the deck I helped carry the debris to the curb.  My right ankle regretted it for two days.  I had to take a left over pain pill in order to get to sleep that night. 

Andrea is good at getting others to do work.  She got a neighbor boy to trim the hedges.  Another neighbor saw him hard at work and came over with an electric trimmer.  At first I was oblivious.  I heard the sound but didn't know what it was.  I was thinking it was a go cart or something like that.  When I go outside to call Andrea to find something I notice my neighbor with the clippers.  He was trimming to beat the band while Andrea and her friend picked up the clippings.  "I should help," I told myself.  "No, I'll let the kids do it," I argued back to myself.

It was after seven in the evening and I still needed to fix supper.  If I helped pick up clippings it would be after nine before we ate.  If I pick up clippings we'll have catch as catch can or order pizza because we're both too tired to cook.  I stayed inside and cooked. 

Even Kids from up the street came to help.  They are almost finished and five, thirty gallon bags of clippings will be at the curb.

I used to do what everyone else was doing.  I used to want to prove to others that I could.  Today I said no, I have nothing to prove.  Nobody expects me to.  I know I can but the question now is if I should.  Should I have a painful ankle for two days to help get a job done faster? 


No comments:

Post a Comment